Have you ever wanted to live on a tropical island? Do you dream of untouched beaches and crystal clear waters. Do you want to spend your days swimming, snorkelling and stand up paddle boarding your way around paradise?
Well here’s your chance to do just that on Hostelzoo Island!!
Hostelzoo, the world’s largest hostel comparison website, is currently on the lookout for two talented people interested in giving up the daily grind. Ideally, we’re looking for laid-back folk with an interest in people, travel, and people who like to travel.
We’re based on Great Keppel Island, on the southern point of the Great Barrier Reef. It is an Australian island like no other you’ve ever seen. Squeaky-clean beaches, reefs teeming with marine wildlife and tropical adventures abound.
On Hostelzoo Island we’ve just opened our own island hostel: the Hostelzoo Island Eco Backpackers. It is a little labour of love, located inside existing business Great Keppel Island Holiday Village. Our slice of island heaven is in need of the following people to make it great:
Social Media Manager
Someone with a head for making connection and keeping them, your role would involve staying on top of all things social media in the Hostelzoo universe. This would include:
– Recording life on our little island paradise and sharing it with the world
– Keeping Facebook, Twitter and associated social media accounts active and full of exciting content
– Running the Hostelzoo Blog, and keeping to a regular posting schedule
– Manage the online presence for sections of Great Keppel Island Tourism, including the GKI Holiday Village
This position would ideally suit someone looking to break into the travel industry, or further their experience in a unique environment. Although not essential, we would highly regard people with established blogs and associated social media accounts.
Hostelzoo Social Representative
Someone with a head for people and what makes them tick, your role would involve keeping all the wayfaring guests of the Hostelzoo Island Eco Backpackers as happy as possible. This would include:
– Working in unison with GKI Holiday Village managers in hostel relations
– Managing hostel bookings by phone and email and updating online availability on various booking engines
– Staying in touch with other hostels in our network
– Making sure that guests are getting the very best out of our hostel
– Becoming a beacon of information about Great Keppel Island and surrounding areas
– Organising hostel events and activities, and facilitating them
These are not paid positions. Instead they offer you the opportunity to live life at a different speed, while experiencing one of the Great Barrier Reef’s southern gems. You’ll be working just a few hours a day in exchange for your accommodation, and will need to also purchase your own food. The position is a minimum of three months and is for immediate start!
So, whether you’re a dynamic duo or just two buddies who think they’ve got what it takes to take on Great Keppel Island, we want to hear from you! And, if you’re just one awesome individual who fits the bill, apply anyway, and we’ll find your other half!!
To apply, or for more information, just LIKE Hostelzoo on Facebook and send us a message.